Sunday, January 6, 2013

Tofu Quiche and Tempeh Bacon - Success!

I am always in search of new breakfast foods!

I tried a new vegan quiche recipe today - must say, my most delicious one so far! I based my recipe on the one on Happy Herbivore here. I changed up the vegetables though - broccoli, green pepper, sun-dried tomatoes. Plus I added my not-so-secret ingredient - a quarter teaspoon black salt - to add that savory "eggyness" I was craving!
And... my finest tempeh bacon so far, too!

This recipe is in Vegan Sandwiches Save the Day, my latest cookbook indulgence. I followed it to the letter. It took some time and preparation, but I do have lots leftover for breakfasts throughout the week.

It starts with marinating strips of tempeh overnight in a savory, smokey combination of spices, then baking slowly for about half an hour the next day. The finishing touch is browning it all up in some olive oil.


No comments:

Post a Comment