Wednesday, July 25, 2012

Eating Green "The Right Way"?

I'm so glad to be back blogging after over a month. Life got busy, vacation, a little bit of this, a little bit of that.

Honestly though, I got really self-conscious about writing here and got really bad writers block. I read a few blogs railing against people who eat vegan for health reasons, not for ethical reasons. The writer of the one blog asked if blogs like mine are "the new women's magazines". It was awesome to read because it made me think about what I'm doing, and it made me question why I have this blog, but it did make me wonder, what exactly I'm doing here.

For weeks, I felt like oh, gosh, my posts are just goofy recipes and pictures of food. No big message, no particular plot, theme, I don't feel like I answer the question, "So?"

Then I got over it. 

I don't think it matters that I don't eat cows because I believe I can be healthier without beef, not because they're cute. Or, I skip bacon because I don't want the saturated fat, not because pigs are smart. One less chicken gets slaughtered when I hold the pollo, whatever the reason.

I have a GAZILLION things I love to talk about - And I love to talk, ask anyone who knows me! I'm finished being self-conscious, I'm finished over-thinking what I do, and I'm ready to blog til the cows come home! They can come home... because I haven't eaten them, ha ha!






No comments:

Post a Comment